Two roundabouts are to be constructed on Yamba Road – Treelands Drive and Carrs Drive intersections. The project is funded by NSW Government SEE Civil Pty Ltd has been appointed by Clarence Valley Council to construct the project.
Works will begin in late August 2020 and continue until mid 2021.
Project works on Yamba Road will include:
- Treelands Drive intersection roundabout – Construction period August to December 2020
- Carrs Drive intersection roundabout – Construction period January to June 2021
- Speed limits will be 40 km/h on Yamba Road in the construction zone. This will be in place for the duration of construction.
- Installation of bollards and barrier boards on Yamba Road to separate work areas from traffic.
- Removal of existing lines on Yamba Road and temporary line marking in place.
What to expect – Treelands Drive:
Once the construction site has been set up, works will continue in stages.
The first stage of works for Treelands Drive will include:
- Traffic control throughout duration of project
- Two-way access (one lane East bound, and one lane West bound) on Yamba Road will remain throughout the construction.
- Two-way access on Somerset Place will remain throughout the construction.
- Treelands Drive will maintain two-way access for a period with some changes to access for approximately a month.
- The community will be given notice well in advance.
- Residents near the work zone may experience increased noise, dust and vibration
- Movement of large construction equipment and machinery
- Vehicles and machinery fitted with flashing lights and reversing beepers for safety reasons
- Construction traffic entering and exiting work areas and site offices
- Some temporary and permanent changes to property access. These will be communicated with residents ahead of any changes being made
- Motorists can expect reduced speed limits and increased congestion.
Every effort will be made to minimise construction impacts where possible.
Standard work hours:
- Monday to Friday, 7am to 6pm and Saturday 8am to 1pm.
- From time to time, work outside of these times may be required for safety reasons or in case of an emergency.
- Updates will be posted on the project website.
SEE Civil: 07 5671 9601 (business hours) or send an email to email@example.com